MAKE SURE YOU BUY A GENUINE C.A.T GEN7
Don’t be fooled by a fake! There are cheap replicas out there, that cost less and look very similar. But saving money on a life saving tool is a nonsense. The last thing you need to happen is for your tourniquet to break when you are in a critical situation. Genuine C.A.T Tourniquets are made by C.A.T Resources and only supplied through licenced distributors.
WHEN EVERY SECOND COUNTS
The C.A.T GEN7 includes a re-design of 6 key components.
- SINGLE ROUTING BUCKLE: Decreased blood loss, effective slack removal, fewer windlass turns, simplified training with single protocol application standards
- WINDLESS ROD: Increased diameter, enhanced strength, aggressive ribbing improves grip
- WINDLASS CLIP: Bilateral beveled entry, rapid windlass lock, bilateral buttress, added strength
- WINDLASS STRAP: New reinforced strap, grey color for tactical considerations (Black only)
- STABILIZATION PLATE: Reinforced, beveled contact bar, improved comfort
- FREE-MOVING INTERNAL BAND: Patented band within band, truly even distribution of circumferential pressure.
WHO SHOULD USE A C.A.T GEN7
C.A.T Tourniquets are currently carried by Emergency First Responders in New Zealand. However more and more it is recognised that the C.A.T could be a lifesaving tool for anyone who comes across a situation where there is life-threatening bleeding. If you work in industries such as agriculture, forestry, or the building sector where there is the chance of a severe bleeding injury, we encourage you to “Carry a C.A.T”. Or if you enjoy outdoor pursuits such as hunting, having a CAT in your pack could save a life. Remember, if someone has severed a main artery they could bleed out in as little as 3 minutes.
PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!
It is easy to apply the C.A.T Tourniquet. When facing a high stress situation, however, you should already know what to do, so take the time to practice in advance. Learn how to apply it one handed to yourself, or to another person’s extremity. Multiple sessions on applying the C.A.T will build up muscle memory so when you are in a real high stress moment, your training will kick in and make the deployment much faster and easier. Just watch the videos and get practicing!