Make sure you buy a Genuine “C.A.T” Tourniquet currently at GEN7
Don’t be fooled by a fake Tourniquet! There are cheap replicas out there, that cost less and look very similar. But saving money on a life-saving tool is nonsense.
The last thing you need to happen is for your tourniquet to break when you are in a critical situation. Genuine C.A.Ts are made by C.A.T Resources and are only supplied through licenced distributors.
WHEN EVERY SECOND COUNTS
The C.A.T GEN7 includes a re-design of 6 key components.
- SINGLE ROUTING BUCKLE: Decreased blood loss, effective slack removal, fewer windlass turns, simplified training with single protocol application standards
- WINDLESS ROD: Increased diameter, enhanced strength, aggressive ribbing improves grip
- WINDLASS CLIP: Bilateral bevelled entry, rapid windlass lock, bilateral buttress, added strength
- WINDLASS STRAP: New reinforced strap, grey colour for tactical considerations (Black only)
- STABILIZATION PLATE: Reinforced, bevelled contact bar, improved comfort
- FREE-MOVING INTERNAL BAND: Patented band within a band, truly even distribution of circumferential pressure.
WHO SHOULD USE A C.A.T GEN7
C.A.T Tourniquets are currently carried by Emergency First Responders in New Zealand. However, more and more, it is recognised that the C.A.T could be a lifesaving tool for anyone who comes across a situation where there is life-threatening bleeding. If you work in industries such as agriculture, forestry, or the building sector where there is the chance of a severe bleeding injury, we encourage you to “Carry a C.A.T”. Or, if you enjoy outdoor pursuits such as hunting, having a CAT in your pack could save a life. Remember, if someone has severed the main artery, they could bleed out in as little as 3 minutes.
PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!
It is easy to apply the C.A.T Tourniquet. When facing a high-stress situation, however, you should already know what to do, so take the time to practice in advance. Learn how to apply it one-handed to yourself or to another person’s extremity. Multiple sessions on applying the C.A.T will build up muscle memory, so when you are in a real high-stress moment, your training will kick in and make the deployment much faster and easier. Just watch the videos and get practising!